I like strange things. I really can't stand the ordinary, so this will be a collection of all the weirdo stuff I'm into.

Friday, February 17, 2006

The Greatest Movie I've Never Seen

Star Crash is the greatest movie of all time.

Once in awhile you see a movie that's got it all. Unfortunately I haven't seen that movie, but I have seen its trailer.

The trailer is a strange collage of time periods and genres. The title cards are pure 50's sci-fi.

"You are about to be hurled..."

"Through the blackness of a hundred million nights..."

"Into the farthest reaches of space and time!"

Sounds good to me.

This trailer really does have it all.

Spaceships,

Lasers,

Babes,

Babes with robots,

Babes holding other babes captive,

Cavemen,

Robots fighting cavemen,

Everything. Even Christopher Plummer!

What this trailer does best is hit you with cool imagery.

Dig these rad effects...

There's an occasional homage to other films (that's a nice way of putting it), like 2001,

Star Wars (just a bit),

Zardoz,

and Jason and the Argonauts. (Yes, those are robot nipples...)

There's some more Ray Harryhausen style animation in there as well.

Star Crash is either a lost classic or a debacle. I'd better not ruin this movie by actually seeing it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Those bitches need some sandwiches.

5:17 PM

 
Blogger Keekee Brummet said...

This looks like it has everything I love in a movie. . .babes, bad SFX, a derivative story line. I have to watch it!

5:26 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

It's nice to meet you, dogbowl. I too love bad sci-fi cinema. But the fun part is I OWN THIS!! It's in my video tape collection with Rollerblade and Xtro.

4:38 AM

 
Blogger ObilonKenobi said...

How could I have missed this? I've been watching late night movies since the early eighties and I neevr knew this masterpiece of B-Movie SciFi. I mean, I'm the guy who took my girlfriend into NYC to see a showing of Plan 9 From Outer SPace on the big screen when it was shown after the Tim Burton movie about Ed Wood came out.

2:28 PM

 
Blogger --dogbowl-- said...

Thanks! Appreciate the comments.

However tempting, I'm not sure I want to spoil the perfection of the trailer by seeing the film. Even if it does star The Hoff...

10:37 AM

 
Blogger Flashfink! said...

I saw this film when it was new on a double bill with AVALANCHE. It was one of the first and most blatant imitations of STAR WARS to come out. What I remember most is the audience laughing at the OBVIOUS Christmas tree lights that were being passed off as stars.

3:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home